10 October 2005

Single

Most days, I am so glad to be single - it just seems to be easier and I obviously do it better than being part of a couple, because it seems that I have really sucked at that. But there are days when I really miss having someone in my life that I can have conversations with, cook dinner with, laugh with... whatever.

I have been dating a little bit, but it just never seems to go very well. I haven't gone out in the last few weeks, because it really has become more hassle than it is worth. Part of me hates that. Part of me could care less. I guess I am just in a place of indecision? Or maybe I just haven't met anyone I feel like is worth my time. I don't mean for that to sound snobbish or uppity. I am sure that there are a lot of great women out there ... somewhere ... where I am not ...

I have met several awesome straight girls recently - there has to be some lesbians out there too! LOL

I don't pretend to think I am "all that". I just haven't met anyone in a long time that I have felt I "clicked" with. I don't think I am alone in this boat. I think there are a lot of us in it. Why is that? Is it just that there is a large feeling of discontent out there? I hear it from my gay and straight friends, it's not just us sisters... so what's the problem? Why can't we connect?

No comments: