05 March 2007

Type 1 Diabetes


My son was diagnosed September 1, 2006 with Type 1 Diabetes. We have been doing very good getting on a routine and he doesn't complain too much about all the finger pricks and the shots (but he only gets 1-2 shots a day right now).

Last night we were at the chinese restaurant we like to go to (his favorite) and he put a coin in the buddah and rubbed it's belly and said "I wish I didn't have diabetes". *sob*

I really want to get more involved with the American Diabetes Association and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. I believe one of them is having a walk here in Oklahoma City soon that we could participate in. And really, I would love to start some kind of parent/kid group of families affected by Type 1, because E would really benefit from knowing other kids in the same boat as he is.

No comments: