18 April 2007

KIVA


Wow... I got an email from Kiva that a local news channel in OKC is doing a story on them and asking if we (as lenders) would like to participate in the interview! I just emailed them back about it. I thought that was really awesome.

Jenn and I are both a little camera shy, but I told them if no one else in the area was willing/able to do it, that we would. I do want to spread the word about Kiva. It is an amazing organization and we are huge supporters.

Our first loan helped a woman who runs a medical clinic in Kenya buy an ultra sound machine for the clinic. Wow! It feels good to know that we helped do that. And the great thing about it is that they pay back their loans and then you can re-loan the money out to others looking for help with their businesses.

I will update as I know something.

No comments: